Bizarre Final Cut Pro Problem

animal animal at cuug.ab.ca
Fri Mar 19 23:14:58 PST 2004

Mystery deepens:  Two people have now told me my emails are infected
with a virus.  I bought Norton Antivirus 9 for mac, installed it and
downloaded the latest updates but cannot find any viruses or infected
files.  Is it possible a virus is causing my FCP problem?  Is Norton
good for all viruses?

These problems started last Monday after a fellow sent an .eml
attachment which I tried to open but couldn't find the correct
software.  When I contacted him he had no knowledge of the attachment.

Can a virus bugger my camcorder attached via firewire?  I need to find
this out before I try daisy chaining and or get a new external hard
drive.

Thanks
Lynn

PROBLEM:
Now - if I download 6 minutes or more to an external, every so often
the 900MB or so clip is downloaded as a 65 - 98  GB clip and overloads
my system.  Each time the external hard drive is left with 1.43GB.