[MacDV] Re: Bizarre Final Cut Pro Problem

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Sat Mar 20 13:52:59 PST 2004

On Mar 20, 2004, at 1:34 PM, animal wrote:

> Yes, I sent both infected messages and they were to two totally
> unrelated people - both never emailed before.  That's why I'm a bit
> scared.

I *really* doubt that the email came from you. Did you actually look at
the header to see where it came from, or are you just looking at the
"From" line. The name on the "From:" line means nothing - just because
your name is there does NOT show that the mail came from you. Most
likely, these two random people are in the addressbook of a PC user
with a virus, and that virus is sticking your email address into the
from line to disguise its true origin.

SR