[MacDV] Re: Video Import Problems

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Mon Mar 22 16:39:58 PST 2004

On Monday, March 22, 2004, at 06:04  PM, Richard Brown wrote:

> This speaks to the wild variance even TAPE to TAPE on the SAME Canon
> camera.

Cheez man I know how you feel. Especially when you run into an
unplayable Tape#3.
I take tapes from a number of cameras and can't even know what they are.
I got a JVC which plays some of the more problematic ones that would
seemingly play on a Sony but hang up FCP every ten seconds.
Sometimes I even have to play the DV through it's analog outs and
digitize with the media converter. No DV start/stop detect then boy.