Cleaner 6.0.1: QT SV3 Large Dl v's WMV WM7 Large Dl

YangZone at aol.com YangZone at aol.com
Tue Mar 23 08:11:58 PST 2004

On my Powerbook 800 1GB,  OS 10.3.3, I have been using Cleaner to compress my DV file for download. For the same category (large download) the Windows Media result is consistently better quality (very watchable in all screen sizes) than the QuickTime result. I get a occasional artifacting washing across frames in the QT movie (unusable). There are no errrors reported after compressing.

I would have expected the opposite: ie QuickTime to be superior.

Any ideas? (I have not tried Compressor yet.)

PJ