[MacDV] More than 90 minutes in iMovie

Steven Rogers srogers1 at austin.rr.com
Sun Mar 28 09:10:46 PST 2004

On Mar 28, 2004, at 10:57 AM, Norm Lamoureux wrote:

>        I am using iMovie 3. I have heard you cannot burn a DVD longer
> than 90 minutes. If not, is there a way to do it?

Get iLife 4

>  It would be good to be able to use the whole 2 hours on the DVD
> media. I have 2 hours of video I need to put on one disc.

There really isn't "2 hours" on the media, there's a certain amount of
space. That space might hold 1 hour, or maybe 4-5 hours, depending on
the compression used to store the media on the disk. The flexibility to
use the really high compression levels is only available in DVD studio
pro, or by using a variety of shareware programs to create your own
"homebrew" DVDs (which usually have very poor menu features).

SR