DVD Authoring from eyeTV

Dennis R. Cohen drcohen at mac.com
Mon May 3 06:34:42 PDT 2004

On 5/3/03 at 10:37 PM, "psullivan at knology.net" <psullivan at knology.net>
transmitted the following electronic message:

>I want to make some non-standard DVDs from my eyeTV (USB) recordings.
>In theory, 10 hrs of video will fit on one DVD, so 10+ one-hour TV
>episodes, or four movies. Just want simple menus like Sizzle would do,
>but I can't get that to work anymore since switching to Panther. Even
>set up a Jaguar machine, but Sizzle crashes there or makes disk images
>that don't work. Do not want to re- encode, because it is not worth
>the trouble. I can burn a disk in the Finder, and my Apex 1200 will
>recognize and play all the files, but the menus are ugly and each
>title appears in the list of VOB files twice. Also, I would like the
>disk to be more universally playable if possible. Any suggestions?

I do this frequently with Toast 6 to archive shows that I've recorded on
the EyeTV. Just drag the VCD-compatible MPEG files that EyeTV creates
into the Video pane, with DVD selected as the format and the DVD menu
checkbox marked.

Toast will create a menu structure for you with three buttons per menu
and navigation arrows to go back and forth between them, similar to
those created by standalone DVD recorders like the one from Panasonic.

Toast demuxes the VCD, reencodes the audio to the 48KHz required for DVD
and remuxes, then burns the disk.

--
Dennis R. Cohen