I was doing so well

David Cole themixguy at mac.com
Fri May 7 14:38:03 PDT 2004

R.B. thanks for the insight. Here's what I did:

Trashed prefs for Final Cut Express
Copied entire project onto powered Firewire drive w/ Oxford 911 chip
(project was on SmartDisk drive with no ext. power)
Ran Disk Utility to repair permissions (for good luck)
Opened the FCE project on new drive, selected my in and out points for
the master sequence.
Export>Quicktime w/ audio & video and chapter markers, reference file
(not self-contained)
It worked !

I then quit FCE, opened iDVD, created a new project, imported the QT
ref movie, chapters all showed up!
I let the file render before starting the burn.

I've GOT DISK!

Thanks for the nudge and the timely assist.

-DC