[MacDV] Re: Toast = iMovie + iDVD?

Dennis R. Cohen drcohen at mac.com
Sat May 15 10:12:03 PDT 2004

On 5/14/04 at 10:01 AM, Richard Gilmore <rgilmor at uwo.ca> transmitted the
following electronic message:

>We had a Que Fire FW CD burner and it died almost immediately after we
>bought it---IMO junk. I have a LaCie and it runs flawlessly.
>
>my 2 cents

As a counterpoint, I have two Que!Fire 8x-4x-24x drives (for almost
three years, now) that have performed flawlessly. One is hooked to my
old G4/400 and gets used almost daily, the other gets hooked up to the
PowerBook when I use that machine (a couple of times a month).

My only experience with LaCie is a neighbor's, and his worked great for
about 6 months and then started having problems reading discs either
burned somewhere else or even pressed CDs; although it still burned okay
and could read the discs it burned.

--
Dennis R. Cohen