[MacDV] Re: capturing VHS to iMovie

R B Williams brucewll at comcast.net
Sun May 16 18:22:05 PDT 2004

Sometimes a tape with less than perfect quality will cause the computer to quit
capturing (because of frames being dropped). I have had good luck recording the footage
first to DV or D8 tape, then capturing from that source. No difference in the picture-
it just becomes digital a step sooner in the chain. The Mac is much happier to have
constant timecode regardless of the video quality.

R.B.