[MacDV] Older cameras

R B Williams brucewll at comcast.net
Tue May 18 19:04:52 PDT 2004

I think you are right on target, Steve,

There is indeed lots of good equipment available through online auction. As studios have
gone digital, surplus equipment appears in fine condition.

I have done as you propose and use several Panasonic 5100HS cameras for outdoor events
(Inside too whenever added lights are not an issue for the client). Broadcast gear of
any style needs much more intensity than ambient lighting will provide to get good color
performance. Each camera feeds an s-video signal to a portable hardrive so that the
footage can be edited without another step capturing to the Mac.

I am more than satisfied with the quality and love hearing from customers about the
incredible screen detail in our DVD projects.

R.B.
Williams' Mastering
Nashville TN