[MacDV] Re: can't see formac ext disk

Mark Walker mark at scip.org.uk
Wed May 19 11:48:02 PDT 2004

thanks for this help, but...

does this apply if the mac is saying the disk needs initialising -
it's just it sounds more like something which would prevent any
communication between disk and computer?

I perhaps didn't make it clear how green I am with all this. Despite
using a mac for 15 years I only ever venture beyond the basic system
when it involves RAM or an airport card

ditto beyond norton and diskwarrior for troubleshooting

so, as an example of why I'm confused by the reply, I don't know what
an ATA bus is

fyi I have a 12" powerbook [OS10.2.8] and an old DV iMac [OS9.2.2]

thanks

mark

--
Mark Walker