[MacDV] Digital Video Quality

Gerhard Kuhn gerhardk at mac.com
Thu May 27 12:16:25 PDT 2004

 No Chuck you should get no loss in quality if you import your digital video via firewire into iMovie, edit and then export back to your DV camera.  There will be some loss if you make a DVD since mpg2 is quite a bit more compressed than DV video but the end result should still be of high quality and in a highly portable and hopefully (fooly) compatible with large numbers of set top players.  I have not experienced many of the compatibility issues that many on this list have, must live a charmed life.

Gerhard