[MacDV] VCD Difficulties

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Sun May 30 16:39:16 PDT 2004

>Hi,
>I've just received a VCD which I put in my Superdrive but it won't
>play. There doesn't appear to be an application that can open it.
>So, I have two questions.
>1. How do I get to view the contents of the VCD?
>2. Can I import the contents of the VCD into iMovie 4?
>Thanks again ! (I'd be lost without you guys !)

To play it look for an app called "VLC", there might be others, but
that's what I've used.  As for importing it, I don't know, as I don't
mess with iMovie, and have never tried importing MPEG1 anyway.  Keep
in mind that MPEG1 is the same resolution as a VHS tape, or in other
words about half that of a DVD.

		Zane