[MacDV] Past contributor

James Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Wed Nov 3 06:04:06 PST 2004

On Tuesday, November 2, 2004, at 09:30  PM, Lanny Cotler wrote:

>> The last time I looked this was a Mac DV list, not a forum for
>> whining Americans.
>>
>> Roy Harker
>

> You're absolutely right, Roy. It's just that this is a special
> election: it's not just between Bush and Kerry; it's really between
> those Americans who secretly (unconsciously) want a fascist state and
> those who don't. American Empire and Forget the rest of the world; or
> American membership in a world community. So, it kinda preempts DV, at
> least for a few hours. Relax. If Bush wins, there'll be civil war. If
> Kerry wins, there'll be a chance -- but only a slim chance -- of
> averting civil war. Our country is divided, and it'll take a miracle
> to heal the rift.
>
> Lanny

I don't know about beginning a civil war, but for maybe the first time
I feel like HALF of us have NO voice because we have been gerrymandered
cheated and lied out of it by fear mongering power mad cretins. So, now
they can push their agenda. If the discussion or opinions on Abortion
rights and gay marriage are an indication , this agenda means
curtailing other peoples rights under the pretense of "smaller
government". I suppose the "believers" also favor teaching creation
science (oxymoron) and several other social shifts that are going to
make the "relity based" among us very uncomfortable.
   You think they don't lie? Yesterday my 11 year-old daughter said that
kids in her class were speculating whether John Kerry shot himself in
the leg to get a purple heart.
That is how deeply the lies penetrate.
I am dissapointed. It is almost unAmerican to have such a homogenous
and uncheckable government.