[MacDV] Will Bush win?

matblack at mac.com matblack at mac.com
Wed Nov 3 18:12:05 PST 2004

I cannot stop...
I don't think anyone is surprised by a cristian winning an election. I
assume that most americans are christians, my issue is with anyone who
puts their religious doctrine before that of the rule of law etc...
> It amazes me that so many people do not believe there could possibly
> be a majority of conservatives in the USA.  It's as if the liberals
> think it's a fluke, bought, or rigged if a conservative, Christian
> candidate actually wins an election.  You have to remember that the
> first ones to relocate to this continent came for religious freedom,
> not FROM religion, but FOR the right to worship freely.
I expect the right to worship freely as well. My religion says Abortion
is ok... but you're not gonna go along with that right?
> altered.)  As time went on, more came for freedom in general as well
> as for opportunity.  Hollywood with its news media is NOT the
> indicator or the voice of the general consensus of the average
> American.  It appears to some of "us" that those who want a handout
> usually vote Democrat and those who want to protect their hard-earned
> investments usually vote Republican.  Speak hatefully against ANY
> OTHER group, and you might find yourself being sued by that group.
> But it's always open season on the Christians.
It's only open season on intolerant Christians...
I would suggest you go read some books as well... like some early
versions of the bible, I think you'll find it refreshingly tolerant,
unlike the current version which has been endlessly revised and
manipulated