[MacDV] Micro Mac compatible DV cameras?

R B Williams brucewll at comcast.net
Thu Nov 4 03:58:25 PST 2004

DV cams have a mimimum size limitation because of the physical tape path
needed. If your Sony MicroMV cam delivers quality good enough for your
use, why not capture video by transfering to miniDV first (or using a
playthrough camera)?

As to which cam is tiny, this Sony has a good feel and is nicely
streamlined, not bulky.

Sony DCR-HC40
Dimensions (WHD): 2" x 3 1/2" x 4 1/2" (50 x 86 x 112mm)

I still love my Canon ZR series cams, though they are thicker.

RB