[MacDV] iMovie files and iPod Photo

Fabian Ius fabian_ius at edu.yorku.ca
Thu Nov 4 06:20:33 PST 2004

Greetings,

getting back on topic to MacDV stuff...

I think I remember reading that earlier iPods could store "other" stuff on
it such as iMovie-related files since there was a Firewire connection to a
Mac.

My question is whether an iPod Photo could also be used as an external
hard drive to store/transfer iMovie files from one computer to another.

Yes or No?

And how simple is it to store video files?  I'm assuming since it is a
"hard drive", that once it is connected, any Mac with OSX should see it,
right, and then simply drag the files over to the iPod ?

How about in OS9?

Just thinking of all the positive ways to use this new product for several
different functions.

I don't have the time right now to search the Apple site for this info.

thanks in advance