[MacDV] Final cut pro - camcorders - waiting for time code...endlessly

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Sat Nov 13 10:15:27 PST 2004

On 11/12/04 9:55 PM, "Frank Fitzpatrick" <ffitzpatrick at cox.net> wrote:

> If I understand correctly, just -
>
> Open the capture window.
> Put your camcorder in VTR mode.
> Press Play on your CAMCORDER.
> Then - - click Capture Now.
>
> Or did I misunderstand your problem?
>
> Frank Fitzpatrick
> Cranston, RI, USA

Thanks Frank - for your response - I did  try pressing play on the camcorder
and also the computer ... But nothing helped... It just gave the error
below...

"waiting for time code. Device must be in VTR mode when device control is
enabled"

...  And it just sits there waiting endlessly until I click escape....

*****  however - problem fixed!!!!!!

*  it seems as though you must connect your camcorder DIRECTLY to the
FireWire input on the back of the computer !!! without going through any
other devices first - in chain or what ever !!!  and that totally fixes the
problem!

--
Thanks - RevDave
Lists at domains4days.com