[MacDV] Pram Battery--Old news Good Reminder

John Collins johnccollins at comcast.net
Sun Oct 3 19:23:17 PDT 2004

I had major problems today--had been doing a lot of video work with
large internal drives and began having problems-- major slow downs,
spinning beach ball, sluggish at everything, could not restart to
primary drive. To make a long story short, I tried everything--Disk
Warrior, Tech Tool Pro, etc with no success. I couldn't get anything to
work right. I had decided that I had a bad HD on an ATA PCI card and
that was the problem. I was all set to pull out the drives and go about
the process of elimination to find the problem.

Needless to say I was not looking forward to it when I noticed the
clock was wrong. So I pulled an old Pram battery out of a 9600 and as
you can guess all problems were gone.

So reminder to all of what I have learned on the list many times. But
this is my first experience with a bad battery.

John in Tucson