[MacDV] Where is MPEG4?

Mark M. Florida markf at squareblue.com
Mon Oct 4 08:51:54 PDT 2004

On 10/4/04 10:47 AM, Michael Winter at winter at mac.com wrote:

> I guess what I'm really wondering is if there's a way to put MPEG4
> video on a CD or DVD that can be played back on a DVD player and if
> there are any players that support MPEG4?

I've seen set-top players that support the DivX format, which is basically
MPEG-4.  It'd be worth a try to burn an MPEG-4 file to a CD and take it to
Best Buy, Circuit City, or Target and see if it would play on one of those
players.  You'd probably have to make sure the file was "ISMA compliant" so
it would be a universal MPEG-4 file rather than a QuickTime-specific file.
(make sense?)

2 cents.

- Mark