[MacDV] Pram Battery--Old news Good Reminder

Mark M. Florida markf at squareblue.com
Tue Oct 5 12:23:25 PDT 2004

On 10/5/04 2:13 PM, John Collins at johnccollins at comcast.net wrote:

> Tech Tool 4 seemed to be working OK but very slowly and finally it quit
> in drive reading process and finally would freeze up and a restart was
> needed. The drives that it would not complete were those on the PCI
> card.  And other utilities didn't seem to help--Then I noticed the
> clock problem and put the battery in. I have had no problems. The
> restart showed all drives and the original startup drive worked fine
> (on the PCI card).

Hmmm...  Yeah, sounds weird...  Maybe just the act of removing the battery
and putting one back in (whether it was the original one or another
known-good battery), which would result in resetting the motherboard
(similar to pressing the "CUDA" reset button on the motherboard) was what
your system needed.  I'm wondering if you put the original PRAM battery back
in if it would make any difference now?

Not that this whole discussion has a whole lot to do with digital video...
The "Mac Tech" in me is just curious I guess.  ;-)

- Mark