[MacDV] Burning Speeds

Mark M. Florida markf at squareblue.com
Fri Oct 8 09:37:13 PDT 2004

Please do.  I was having problems with mine last night, but I don't know if
it was the drive or the hacked install of Panther I was running on a Beige
G3.  iTunes didn't recognize it for burning, and discs wouldn't mount, or if
they did, they had problems reading.  I doubt it is the actual drive,
because it burned a couple of discs fine using Toast Ti 5 under OS 9 on that
same (ancient) machine.  I was thinking of putting it in a FireWire case to
use with my new iBook anyway, so that may be the way to go.

Maybe we gotta wait for Apple to update Panther and/or the iApps to work
properly with this drive?  I didn't have a chance to try Toast Ti 6 yet, and
I'm going to see if it works properly in my G4 at work...  Maybe the drive
had some kind of freak out and died...  That would suck...

Ain't new technology fun?  :-P

- Mark