[MacDV] Buying blank DVDs

Nick Scalise nickscalise at mac.com
Fri Oct 8 10:40:56 PDT 2004

On Friday, October 08, 2004, at 09:28AM, Brian Olesky <brian4 at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>I have a new PB 15" 1.5 Ghz with 4X SuperDrive, and an Epson printer (R300)
>that prints directly onto DVDs, so...
>
>What's the best site or store for buying blank DVDs?
>
>For buying printable DVDs?
>
>Any brands work better than others?
>
>Any I should avoid?
>
>And we can't use RWs, right?

I bought 100 DVD-R's from http://www.supermediastore.com for $.42 each.

Bought their Supermedia non-branded, 8x discs. Not one coaster yet that was the fault of the disks. They all play fine in my Sony DVD player, my brother-in-law's Sony DVD player, and my friend's cheapo Apex/'no name' DVD player, but only discs burned at 1x will play in my mother-in-laws Sony DVD/VHS player.

Here's a direct link to their white/printable media:
<http://supermediastore.com/dvdr-inkprint.html>

I have no affiliation with them.

Good luck.
--