[MacDV] Compressor Quits

Sam spappal at gte.net
Sat Oct 9 04:55:33 PDT 2004

  I have compressed numerous files successfully over the previous
year. A batch process was interrupted recently due to a power
failure. When I try to export from FCP using compressor, Compressor
will quit and FCP hangs with a spinning ball. I've trashed
Compressor, Batch monitor, DVDSP and re installed them. I re
installed the OS, I've trashed compressors preferences and the
Qmaster logs.

Any other ideas?

I'm using FCP 4.1,1, Compressor 1.1, QuickTime Pro 6.5 on a G4, Dual
1 GHZ processor with 1024 MB running OS X 10.2.8. I have DVDSP 2.0.5
and A G4 dual 500.

This machine will not update to 10.3.x

I did notice Compressor was 1.0.5 or something. Software updater did
not detect it needed updating. I updated compressor to 1.1, but it
still quits. A little improvement in that the compressor start up
window will now open for a few seconds before quitting.

BTW, it quits when I try to open it directly (not via FCP export)

Sam