[MacDV] Pioneer DVD Burner 106D Problems

Marilyn Cristiano marilyn.cristiano at pvmail.maricopa.edu
Wed Oct 13 12:30:32 PDT 2004

Here is my problem.

I successfully burned a five-minute iMovie in iDVD with a built-in
Pioneer 106D DVD burner.

I also tried to burn a 25 to 30 minute iMovie in iDVD and received the
following messages after about three hours:

First message:  Errors were found during the burning process:  Recording
engine:  Device failed to respond properly, unable to recover or retry.

I clicked ok and received the second message as follows:

Your Macintosh does not have a supported Superdrive.  Please note that
while you will be able to work with iDVD projects, you will not be able
to burn a DVD disc.

Here are the specifications for my Power Mac G4:

Mac OSX Version 10.2.8

Memory 1.06 GB

Processor:  1 GHz

Bus speed:  100 Mhz

L2 cache size 256K

L3 cache size 2MB

Machine Model:  Power Mac G4 (AGP graphics) (version = 2.1)

Boot ROM info:  4.2.8f1

OHHHH, this is what I found under Devices and Volumes, CD-RW/DVD-R

Disc Burning                             Not supported

Unit Number                              0

ATA Device Type                      atapi

Device Serial                             CLDC446344WL

Device Revision                        1.07

Product Identification                 DVD-RW  DVR-106D

Vendor Identification                  PIONEER

I wonder why it says Disc Burning "Not Supported."

Any help you all can give me would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Marilyn