[MacDV] Pioneer DVD Burner 106D Problems

Peter Tattersall ptatters at zerobyzero.ca
Wed Oct 13 18:24:24 PDT 2004

On 13-Oct-04, at 8:20 PM, Marilyn Cristiano wrote:

> Dear Peter,
>
> I just spoke with a OtherWorldComputings technician, and he said the
> problem is probably because the computer went to sleep.  He had me set
> the computer to never go to sleep.
>
> Could that be the simple fix?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Marilyn

That's certainly a problem when burning. You should let your display
sleep, but not the processor. You are still showing the unsupported
device message, but if you can burn a DVD with the sleep setting fixed
up, well and good - you may as well not worry about it any further. You
probably won't get all the bells and whistles of the 106D, but you also
probably won't miss them.