[MacDV] FCP 4.5 - Still video freeze question

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Sat Oct 16 16:58:39 PDT 2004

On 10/14/04 12:01 PM, "James Asherman" <jimash at optonline.net> wrote:

>> Also, I captured some video in iMovie,  then imported it into final
>> cut pro
>> 4.5.  When  I dragged it into the timeline - it needed to re- render
>> the
>> audio for some reason that I am unaware of... I believe my settings
>> were set
>> so that the project was at 48 K audio and also the actual clip was
>> already
>> at 48 K audio ... So I don't know why it needed to be re- rendered...
>> Any
>> ideas? ( ... Was it maybe a stereo to dual  mono question or something
>> like
>> that?)
>>

> This is the difference between DV and DV stream. Simply and as I
> understand it.:
> In iMovie the audio and video are pretty much one thing and it takes a
> command to even separate them on the timeline. In FCP they are more
> independent  , though still one file in the capture folder.
> These are usually short renders and nothing to worry about.
> JIm

I imported a clip from I movie, and dragged it to the timeline and rendered
it - no problem.  However later I dragged the same clip to a different place
in the timeline and it also required rendering again.

Question: Is there a way that I can update/render/convert this clip so that
I don't have to re- render it over and over again?

--
Thanks - RevDave
Lists at domains4days.com
[db-lists]