[MacDV] Placing an audio clip

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Mon Oct 18 09:35:46 PDT 2004

On 10/18/04 6:25 AM, "Donald C. Tully" <drdon at mwt.net> wrote:

> Good morning Listers - I have been unable to insert a particuliar audio clip
> into my iMovie4 project.  I have placed several others from the same source
> successfully in the project.  This particuliar clip - a very important one
> to the project - starts to import (from iTunes and from a CD) and then just
> stops.  I've also tried several different versions of the same clip with no
> success.  Just for the heck of it, I started a new project and tried to
> import the clip into it; it worked fine.   Any suggestions on how to get
> this clip to import?
>
> Thanks...Don/

- have you checked that has the same parameters 44k - 48k - 16 bit
resolution etc. as the other successful clips?

- you might try simply changing the name
-  you might try importing it into a third party sound application such as
peak or Sound studio -  and maybe clipping off the edges or some kind of
simple DSP processing - re saving it - and try importing it again.
-  maybe try saving it in some different format and see if that works - .aif
.wav .mp3 .acc etc....

- Maybe -  import it into the new project of Imovie -  then export it - then
try reimporting it into the other main project.

 I hope one of these ideas helps
--
Thanks - RevDave
Lists at domains4days.com