[MacDV] Exporting to Imovie problem

Chuck Kay chuckkay at mac.com
Mon Oct 18 15:48:42 PDT 2004

I have a Sony DSR-250. I am having a problem exporting (share to
videocamera) simple wedding video made w/iMovie 4 back to tape on the
250. I have not had this problem before. When I tell it to share,
camera attempts to go in record mode but then just stops. iMovie gives
message "iMovie has lost camera connection-check connections ...." This
is the only time I get this message. I have no problem exporting video
from camera to computer. Raw video from tape to computer is fine.
iMovie recognizes the 250 just fine. It is a supported camera. I am
using a dual G5. I am certainly in VTR mode. Also, when viewing video
in the iMovie viewer, the video does not display on the LCD of the 250
even though I have "play video through to camera" selected in the
preferences. Like I said, I have been successful before w/this setup
before. Am I missing something simple here? I hope so.