[MacDV] Moving clips from iMovie into file cut pro without re-rendering

revDAVE coolcat at hostalive.com
Fri Oct 22 19:46:07 PDT 2004

On 10/16/04 6:41 PM, "sb" <videovideo at mac.com> wrote:

>> re- render question ...
>>
>> Also, I captured some video in iMovie,  then imported it into final cut pro
>> 4.5.  When  I dragged it into the timeline - it needed to re- render the
>> audio for some reason that I am unaware of... I believe my settings were set
>> so that the project was at 48 K audio and also the actual clip was already
>> at 48 K audio ... So I don't know why it needed to be re- rendered... Any
>> ideas? ( ... Was it maybe a stereo to dual  mono question or something like
>> that?)

> PS, to avoid rendering your clips, use the QT conversion built into iMovie
> to export to the .mov (or DV NTSC) format. Make sure you also have the audio
> set for 48kHz, stereo, 16bit.

 I'm embarrassed to say that none of my efforts worked so far.  I exported
clips from iMovie in many formats, however every one, after importing into
file cut pro 4.5,  needed the audio to be rendered after dragging to the
timeline.

 (I want every version of this to stay in DV high-quality format ... Rather
than exporting to a lower quality format ( like a QuickTime compressed
movie) - and that bumping it up later again...

 I tried these formats:

1- export to quicktime - full quality D V

2- export quicktime - to movie to DV stream -  expert settings - DV stream -
Options = DV ( regular) NTSC 48k ( locked and unlocked)

-  and a few other formats ...  But all needed audio rendering in final cut
Pro

*** -  I could use some more help if you have any ideas

ALSO -  any ideas on this other problem...?

-  for some reason -  I am playing from an older high 8 format video deck -
into the dazzle FireWire converter box - and having trouble importing
directly into final cut pro....  The main problem - is that I have to set it
to non controllable device -  and the import window often seems to get out
of  alignment ( off-track) with the video ( basically - the video picture
randomly gets a tracking problem - a line through the middle -  showing part
of the top at the bottom - if you know what I mean).  I have tried stopping
and starting the video deck opening and closing the import window - however
once it gets out of alignment - is very  temperamental and hard to get it
back on track...

-  for some reason, in I movie I can simply hit stop and play in the imovie
window - and it will correct this problem very easily.  And since I have
many clips I would like to import it would be much easier in iMovie

*** question: any ideas how to easily adjust file cut pro to correct this
problem and get it back on track?

--
Thanks - RevDave
Lists at domains4days.com