[MacDV] audio settings and Canon mini-DV camcorders

Janosko mjanosko at ncounty.net
Sat Oct 23 09:10:48 PDT 2004

Some time ago, there was some good advice about what audio mode (12 bit or 16 bit) was the best
selection when using Canon ZR series cameras and importing to iMovie. I think the advice was to use 12
bit (to avoid synch problems at the point of putting the project out to VHS/SVHS tape). Since iMovie
has gone through several versions since then and the ZR series is up to the 80's now, I'm wondering if
this is still the current best practice. Can anyone confirm that this is still the best way to go?
Thanks in advance.
Mary Ann Janosko