[MacDV] importing files to iMovie

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 24 16:17:21 PDT 2004

This is a continuation of what seems to be an endless quest to put my logo
into an iMovie file.

First, I've been told to use a .tif or .eps file (I have both), but that I'd
have to resize it in a graphics program. The only one I have is Photoshop
Elements, I imported the .tif file to it, but found no way to resize it to
640 X 480 (graphic programs aren't my strong point). All I saw were ways to
change the physical size of the graphic, measured in inches. Incidentally,
when I just import them straight into iMovie, they break up badly on screen.
Any chance this is just a screen effect and they'll burn perfectly when
transferred to iDVD?

Second, as I said previously, I have a video that was made for me by a
production studio with the logo exactly the way I want it, and I followed
Streamclip to convert the .ts files to a file I can import to iMovie (a dv
stream?)

However, now that I've downloaded these two programs, and have the .ts file
ripped, I now learn that I probably also need to download MPEG-2 Playback
Component ($20 from Apple). Is this true.

Just using MPEG Streamclip won't get me there?

I can't believe I've spent so many hours just trying to get about 3 seconds
of existing film into iMovie.

Wonderful how computers have made our lives so easy.

TIA,
Brian