[MacDV] Re: importing files to iMovie

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Oct 24 17:03:18 PDT 2004

On 10/24/04 6:31 PM, "sb" <videovideo at mac.com> wrote:

> If your logo has no audio, you can import the mpeg2 file directly into the
> iMovie clip pane.

It has no audio, but I don't have it as an MPEG2 file. When I ripped it from
the original video using DVDBackup, I ended up with 5 separate video files:
2 small .BUP, 2 small .IFO and one large 325MB .VOB file. I'm guessing the
.VOB file is the one that has my logo on it. Is there a way to import that
file to iMovie, then edit everything but the logo out?

> To resize an image in PS, open the image in PS, then go to the menu Image
> then Image Size. Make sure you have constrain proportions checked, if your
> original image is not 4:3. Otherwise, when you make it 640 x 480 it will
> distort.

Sorry for my ignorance, but 640X480 what? The options PS gives me in the
image resize box are cm, mm, points, picas, etc. Can you tell me exactly
where I plug in that 640X480?

Thanks,
Brian