[MacDV] Can't render/encode my iDVD project - Can't burn project to DVD

Bruce Maclean bruce.maclean at verizon.net
Tue Oct 26 07:20:23 PDT 2004

I went through almost all of the problems you describe.

The last step Apple tech strolled me through was creating a new user,
logging in under that user and trying again, that worked, but then
problems again.

Following this thread carefully , I think your problem is the same as
mine:  BAD RAM!!!!

The "free" 512 RAM upgrade I got with my G5 Dual 2.5, turned out to be
faulty.

Now. when they determined this at the local Apple dealer, they didn't
have replacement RAM so I took

it back to my studio and I have been burning DVD's out of iMovie up to
60 minutes long (for my cable access

TV show "I'm Not Fishing")  flawlessly  since.  I also run about 30
hours of  very involved ProTools sessions weekly.

ALL WITH ONLY 512 MEGS OF RAM !!!!

I was gettin' really bummed with Apple, but it turned out it was the
crap RAM the reseller put in.

Did you get your machine from a reseller with a RAM upgrade???

Bruce Maclean
Maclean Studio
Cape Cod