[MacDV] Can't render/encode my iDVD project - Can't burn project to DVD

Robert L. Vaessen rvaessen at mac.com
Tue Oct 26 17:17:30 PDT 2004

Mark -

On Oct 26, 2004, at 10:19, Mark M. Florida wrote:

> On 10/26/04 10:50 AM, Robert L. Vaessen at rvaessen at mac.com wrote:
>
>> When I get a chance, I'll take a look at the 256Mb modules. I'm
>> curious
>> as to whether they have any Apple branding marks, or indications that
>> the retailer may have swapped Apple installed RAM for some second
>> party
>> RAM.
>
> Apple doesn't really label the RAM they use.

Bummer, no way to tell then. A retailer could replace the Apple
installed (presumably higher quality) RAM, replace it with a less
reliable brand, and sell the Apple installed RAM for a profit.

>> I'm currently trying to burn just the video. A single menu with a
>> 'Play' button. I'm also investigating the use of ffmpegx to author and
>> burn the video.
>
> I'd highly recommend Toast 6.  ffmpegx is scary...  and not a real
> complete
> solution.

I agree with your assessment of ffmpegx. But still, it is free (for
evaluation). I'm still curious, I haven't found an answer to a question
about Toast. Will toast do authoring, encoding of DVD project? Or, is
it only for burning data that is ready for disc?

What is the input to Toast?

- Robert