[MacDV] burning a copy of a DVD - Error -34???

Nick Scalise nickscalise at mac.com
Tue Oct 26 20:12:10 PDT 2004

On Oct 26, 2004, at 6:32 PM, Lanny Cotler wrote:
>> On Tuesday, October 26, 2004, at 02:02AM, Lanny Cotler
>> <lcotler at saber.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I must (for research purposes only -- for quoting -- ie, fair use)
>>> make a copy of a DVD. I tried Toast 6 but got a "Disc is full" error
>>> -34. Anyone know what is going on and how to work around it?
>>>
>>> I tried also to use Disc Copy, but couldn't figure out how.
>>
>> Did you properly rip the DVD to harddrive first? Or, if you have
>> already ripped the DVD, did you alter the contents in any way?.
>
> I don't know if I "properly" ripped the DVD to HD first. I really
> couldn't figure out how to use Disc Copy. What is the proper way? I
> didn't intend to alter anything.

If it is a commercial DVD, it has encryption on it. MacTheRipper will
remove the encryption for you. DVD Backup should do it also, but I like
MacTheRipper better.

Once you rip it to harddrive, test it with DVD Player. Open the
VIDEO_TS folder with DVD Player and see if it plays correctly (be sure
the original DVD is ejected - DVD Player can get confused).

If the VIDEO_TS does play properly then burn it with Toast using the
'DVD-Video from VIDEO_TS folder' radio button in the Advanced tab of
the Video drawer.

--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at mac.com