[MacDV] Problem exporting to tape--iMovie4

Bernard Munter bernard at susanmunter.com
Wed Sep 15 04:09:31 PDT 2004

On 15/9/2004 0909, "John Collins" <johnccollins at comcast.net> wrote:

> Hi--
>
> I am using iMovie4 on a G4/D800 with 1.5 Gb. The problem comes when I
> try to export the finished movie back to tape. All seems well on the
> computer but in the camera LCD I get a broken up image--like big jig
> saw puzzle pieces (and on playback the same). The camera is a Sony
> TRV-20 and I have tried it both with "play through to camera" checked
> and unchecked. Due to a process of elimination I think it is something
> with the computer. (I have done the normal maintenance functions and
> all seems to be OK)

I know this doesn't help you, but I have the exact same trouble exporting a
movie to a VHS deck, on a G4 Cube running iMovie 4 under 10.3.5. I KNOW I've
done it successfully with iMovie 3 under 10.2.8. I ended up burning a VCD
instead. I would like very much for you and I to get some help with this
problem.

And, am I the only one that wishes that Export... was still available
instead of "Sharing"?