[MacDV] Re: VHS to DVD to DV to DVD

steve woods steve-woods at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 16 08:24:40 PDT 2004

Robert,

Event though it seems that going back to re-inputting your VHS tape
into your mac via a digital converter may seem backward, it is truly
the easiest, and highest quality way to go. You can rent the converter,
or call a local video editing club and ask for a volunteer to do it for
you. VHS directly to iMovie is the best way.

STeve Woods

Intro
-----
I'm new to the list and new to video editing on the Mac. I tried
searching TheMacintoshGuy.com archives for information pertinent to my
rather daunting task, but the archive was a single gzip'd file that
contained two messages? Previous searches on the internet failed to
locate a comprehensive tutorial that worked through the steps listed
below. All I could find was a little nugget at a time.

Anyway. Hopefully, someone will take up my rather daunting challenge
and lend a hand. Even a small snippet would help.