[MacDV] Problem exporting to tape--iMovie4

John Collins johnccollins at comcast.net
Fri Sep 17 16:11:53 PDT 2004

Thanks for the suggestions on my problem.

  Thanks to John Beatty, my problem appears to be solved. He suggested
resetting the FW ports--I had never heard of it. He also pointed to an
article giving procedures. I followed them (shutting down,
disconnecting all cables and waiting 3-5 minutes with computer
disconnected from power--start up and reconnect one by one).

  I have now tried both cameras and reconnected all FW devices
(5external HDs, DVD-RAM drive and CD burner) with complete success. I
had not had any problems with the connections, just the image break up
on the cameras.

  Anybody who uses FW devices and obviously video cameras may want to
check this out.

John in tucson