[MacDV] Transferring Dish DVR to PB?

Brian Olesky brian4 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 26 13:07:48 PDT 2004

>> Anybody know a good way to transfer recorded programming from a Dish Network
>> DVR into my PowerBook?
>
> Brian, I've been using a Canopus ADVC-100 A/D converter to capture
> video directly from a satellite receiver into iMovie. It has both
> S-video and RCA inputs. I bought it after several people on this
> list recommended it. Here's its web page:
>
> http://www.canopus.us/US/products/advc-100/pm_advc-100.asp
>
> Canopus offers a line of products with slightly different feature sets.
>
>> Dish Network tech support says it can't be done, of course.
>
> Just curious, what was their reasoning, if any? :-)

Patty, the Canopus looks great, but all I want to do is grab a few hours of
old shows to take with me, watch and trash, and $300 is a bit pricey to do
that.

As far as Dish's tech support saying it couldn't be done, I suspect their
call center people aren't techies, just people with a cheat sheet of
frequently asked questions having to do with DVR problems.

Thanks,
Brian