FCC mandate: was [MacDV] Transferring Dish DVR to PB?

Alex alex at fotomotion.net
Sun Sep 26 14:22:48 PDT 2004

Reading the previous thread I was wondering if anyone on the list knows
if the FCC mandate that came into effect on 4/1/03 requiring cable
providers to provide a firewire port on their box's to customers also
applies to satellite box's as well? I am in the UK so this tech will
filter down to us across the pond slowly and it does not effect me but
I was interested.

If someone is interested and does not know what I am chatting about
check out:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?
s=&threadid=386740&perpage=20

As it describes a very practical use of this with MacOSX

Alex