[MacDV] 8MM to DVD transfer

Nick Scalise nickscalise at mac.com
Wed Apr 20 19:38:40 PDT 2005

On Apr 20, 2005, at 9:22 PM, Norm Lamoureux wrote:

> Does anyone know anyone who can convert 8MM film to DVD?

I kind of got stalled researching this myself. Here's what I have
narrowed it down to:

First for a background primer, go here:
http://www.macintouch.com/digitizingvideo03.html

http://moviestuff.tv/
http://www.posthouse.com/
http://www.film-to-video.com/
http://www.digitaltransfersystems.net/
http://www.foreverondvd.com/
http://www.homemoviedepot.com/
http://www.integratedphoto.com/
http://jl-site.com/Super8/TelecineITK.html
http://www.novatovideotransfer.com/
http://www.videographics.net/transfer/index2.htm
http://www.wood-land.com/

One of the above links will provide the right mix of quality telecine,
price and turn-around time. Your job, should you accept it, is to find
the right one.

One thing, if you don't remember anything else, DO NOT let them put the
video on DVD. Have them put it on MiniDV tape, then you capture it
yourself and make your own DVD's.

Let us know which telecine house you choose.

--
Nick Scalise
nickscalise at mac.com