[MacDV] Internal HD vs. External HD comparison

Preston Boardrider at aaaHawk.com
Sun Apr 24 00:48:15 PDT 2005

Gerhard is right. Get an external FW HD which will (most likely) have
a faster rotational speed and access time than any 2.5" drive you
would get for inside your mini. Plus it offers portability ( I just
used one of my 4 externals to transport a DVD project last week).
3.5" HDs are cheap ($70 for 160GB 7200 8mb buffer) now and you can
get good FW enclosures for $35 on up. or you can pay a premium for
buying it pre-assembled by companies such as Maxtor or LaCie, but you
are stuck using the drive mechanisms they offer. Either way you go,
you should definately consider Gerhard's suggestion and keep that
warranty intact.

-preston