[MacDV] EyeTV Help

Johns Maillist mymaillist at mac.com
Sun Apr 24 16:57:08 PDT 2005

I got my new EyeTV 200, all set up and installed
I hooked up my old VHS camcorder to it, to use the Analog to Digital
feature.
I set the input to composite to capture my video, and did get it. It is
saved in a directory as a .mpg file.
That was the easy part.
Now, the ONLY program that can open the file, and I mean the only
program, is VLC. Not Diva, not MPEG2Works, not Quicktime with the
latest codec. I cannot even open it with EyeTV's own program.
When I use the MpegWorks to open it, or to convert it, I get the below
message.

Skipped -2 zeroes at start of file
mpgtx: AT EOF - please stop me!
mmm, this file does not start with a pack, offset: -2
use the desperate_mode switch as the first option -X to search for a
header in the whole file!
if you want to force the operation. May yield to an endless loop if no
valid header is found!
Does not even begin with a 00 00 01 xx sequence!
*** malloc[444]: Deallocation of a pointer not malloced: 0xffffffff;
This could be a double free(), or free() called with the middle of an
allocated block; Try setting environment variable MallocHelp to see
tools to help debug
/Volumes/200GB/Jessie DV Start/DeMuxed-0.mp2: No such file or directory
(1)

Any help?
John