[MacDV] EyeTV Help

Johns Maillist mymaillist at mac.com
Mon Apr 25 03:41:18 PDT 2005

On Apr 24, 2005, at 11:33 PM, John Mistretta wrote:

> I'm guessing, if I read your post right, you've dug up the EyeTV raw
> video file from it's folder somewhere. It's a somewhat proprietary
> format that's not intended to be the final file.
>
> Have you tried highlighting the recorded program from the EyeTV
> Program window and exporting it? You have your pick of a wide variety
> of formats to save it to, made even larger if you have the MPEG
> component as well as QT Pro. It's worked perfectly for me...
>
> On Apr 24, 2005, at 7:57 PM, Johns Maillist wrote:
>
>> I got my new EyeTV 200, all set up and installed
>> I hooked up my old VHS camcorder to it, to use the Analog to Digital
>> feature.
>> I set the input to composite to capture my video, and did get it. It
>> is saved in a directory as a .mpg file.
>> That was the easy part.
>> Now, the ONLY program that can open the file, and I mean the only
>> program, is VLC. Not Diva, not MPEG2Works, not Quicktime with the
>> latest codec. I cannot even open it with EyeTV's own program.
>> When I use the MpegWorks to open it, or to convert it, I get the
>> below message.

I went to the folder where the file is located, INFO reports it as an
MPEG file. VLC opens it. EyeTV opens the file, but shows a black
window. No video.
The export or save recording window is greyed out, so those are no
options.
I can only assume that there is something wrong with my current
installation.
John