[MacDV] Is this the right dubbing procedure?

Patty Winter patty1 at sonic.net
Thu Apr 28 10:33:10 PDT 2005

   >From: James Asherman <jimash at optonline.net>
   >
   >On Apr 27, 2005, at 10:57 PM, Patty Winter wrote:
   >> Do I have to send the video
   >> to the HDD twice, once at each speed, to avoid reencoding?
   >
   >I think yes if that takes less time than ( I assume)
   >letting the Sony redo it internally, and might be
   >better looking.

Time isn't a problem; until I finish all the initial dubbing I want
to do, the Sony is in my office with my best VHS player and a small
TV, so I can make dubs while I work and keep an eye on them. Maybe
by 2006, I'll be ready to move it into the living room. :-)

It's the quality I'm concerned about. If making a two-hour DVD from
two HQ files will result in degradation of the video quality, then
I'd rather send the video to the Sony again to make an SP file.

Patty