[MacDV] DVRs

GD2 gd2 at fast.net
Fri Apr 29 09:18:20 PDT 2005

Speaking of this Sony, I've been looking for a hard disk-based DVR to take
the place of a programmable VHS recorder for TV and aux. sources, but I
haven't been having a  whole lot of luck finding such machines. ReplayTV and
Tivo fit the bill, but they seem to be subscription-based or nothing.

Reading Patty's post, the DVD recorder would definitely be nice. I also
wouldn't mind something "hackable" so I can install a larger hard drive down
the road, but that "feature" is of least importance.

Does any one here have experience in this area? Opinions, reviews, websites,
etc. would all be helpful for one or both types of devices.

Thanks -
Sam