[MacDV] Re: QuickTime 7

David Colton dcolton at mac.com
Sat Apr 30 08:59:10 PDT 2005

> This may be a silly question, but I would rather error on the side of
> caution. Is it safe to upgrade to QT7 for Panther? I have QT6.5.2Pro
> and don't want to lose the pro capabilities. I assume I'm OK. Am I?
>
> Daniel

Daniel,

Quoting from the Software Update window,

"Important Notice to QuickTime Pro Users

  Installation of QuickTime 7 will disable the QuickTime Pro
functionality in prior versions of QuickTime. If you proceed with this
installation, you must purchase a new QuickTime 7 Pro key to regain
QuickTime Pro functionality. After installation, visit
www.apple.com/quicktime to purchase a QuickTime 7 Pro key."

So not a silly question at all...!