[MacDV] iBook as iMovie platform

Dennis Fazio dfz at mac.com
Mon Aug 1 08:09:49 PDT 2005

--On July 31, 2005 1:25:45 PM -0400 DBAFeldman at aol.com wrote:

> How old is your son? What are his capabilities? What are his goals? Is this
> simply an introductory, get his feet wet setup? Is a more capable system a
> possibility down the road?

He's 15 and this would be a first start. It may play out fairly quickly, (in
which case I'd have a surplus digital movie camera, which I could probably
put to some use myself). I have a 1.25GHz G4 PowerBook for my use, which I
could make available for the iDVD rendering and burning.

If his 800MHz iBook with about 30GB of free disk space will work to get him
started in iMovie construction without being exceedingly frustrating, that
would be great. If interest becomes really serious, serious upgrades in
equipment can be considered later.

Thanks, all on the list, for the helpful advice.

--
Dennis Fazio
dfz at mac.com