[MacDV] Re: Producing video in letterbox format

Jan E. Schotsman jeschot at xs4all.nl
Mon Aug 8 14:15:29 PDT 2005

On 8-aug-05, at 22:04, Gordon Alley wrote:

> I want the video to be viewable on a normal TV. Hence the desire to
> produce letterbox format. Can QT, FCE, or iMovie HD produce letterbox
> format?

You can use QT Player for this. Make a black picture of the same width
in a drawing application, open it as a movie in QT Player.
Open your movie and layer it on top of the black frame. Add a vertical
offset to the movie. If you movie is interlaced check deinterlace.
Export to DV.

> If not, what else do I need?

For better quality, try JES Deinterlacer (free).

Jan.